Regular Meeting of the Board of Supervisors
October 11, 2012
• Supervisors; Chairman George C. Fluhr, Vice-Chair Gregory Hoeper, Keith Raser and others on the attached list.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER at 7:31pm – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE RECITED.
Motion to go into executive session at 7:32pm to discuss pending litigation in Thomas vs. Shohola Township, made by Supervisor Raser, second by Chairman Fluhr, motion carried
Meeting was reconvened at 7:36pm
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
• Motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of the Board on September 13, 2012, made by Vice-Chair Hoeper, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
• Motion to approve expenditures as listed for September, 2012, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT:
• Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
• Mary Louise Beilman Living Trust – Motion to Table the matter due to the fact that no proof of advertisement was presented by applicant for the Public Hearing before the Board. Motion made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
• Mrs. Thomas has advised that she has dropped her suit against the Township; therefore the matter of Thomas vs. Shohola is closed.
• Shohola Township Park & Recreation Committee is hosting its 7th Annual Pumpkins in the Park on this Saturday on October 13, 2012. In the event of rain the event will be held at the Fire Department, Station One, 325 Route 434.
• Shohola Township Volunteer Fire & Rescue has tickets on sale for their 2nd Annual Italian Buffet, being held on Saturday, November 10, 2012, from 4:00 to 7:00pm. Ticket prices are $10.00 for adults; Children ages 6 to 10 $6.00and Children age 5 and younger eat for free. Please come out and support the fire department.
• Shohola Railroad and Historical Society will be hosting a Dinner Theatre at Rohman’s on November 18th, 2012 at 4:00pm. Seating is limited so please make reservations early by calling Martha Shadler at 570-296-2304. Tickets $35.00 per person.
• Budget for FY2013 – Motion to post and advertise the budget for FY2013, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
• The Fire Department and the Historical Society has requested permission to place tables outside of the door during Election Day in order to promote their latest fundraisers. Motion to allow both organizations to put tables out on Election Day made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
• Windy Dog – Motion to write a letter to the owner’s of the Windy Dog to expedite the removal of the building, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
REPORTS TO THE BOARD
• Sewage/Zoning – 8 Zoning Permits; 6 Sewage Permits and 1 Well Permit.
• Police – Report Attached
• Road Department- Paving projects are completed, and shoulder work is being done.
• Park Committee – Reminded everyone that there will be a 5K Run before Pumpkins in the Park this year.
• Fire Department – Bingo will continue throughout October and possibly November.
• Carrie Thomas – advised Supervisor Raser that her suit had nothing to do with him personally. She asked about putting the approved minutes on the website.
• Nancy Eisenhaur – asked a question about the status of Act 13.
• Martha Shadler – elaborated on the Dinner Theatre event for the SRHS.
Motion to adjourn at 7:52pm, made by Vice-Chairman Hoeper, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.