- Supervisors; Chairman George C. Fluhr, Vice-Chair Gregory Hoeper, Keith Raser and others on the attached list.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER at 7:30pm – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE RECITED.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Motion to approve minutes of the Special Meeting of the Board on November 8, 2012, made by Vice-Chair Hoeper, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
- Motion to approve expenditures as listed for November, 2012, made by Supervisor Raser, second by Chairman Fluhr, motion carried.
APPROVAL OF TREASURERS REPORT:
- Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report for November, 2012, made by Vice-Chair Hoeper, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
- Tax Abatement Program – based upon the Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance Act – there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed before any public hearing on this program. First is to consider how to do this program, whether it is by Ordinance or Resolution. The Solicitors recommendation would be to do it by Ordinance. The other issues that need to be addressed are the areas that would be selected for this Tax Abatement. It is a matter that should go before the Planning Committee to address the areas under the Act that would be considered for this Abatement. The Solicitors recommendation would be to have this reviewed by Planning Committee first then have them come before the Board with their recommendations.
- The District Manager for the Postal Service will be conducting a public meeting on January 24th, at 5pm at the Township Building to discuss the changes in service for the Shohola Post office.
- Motion to approve the 2013 Budget as presented, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
- Motion to increase the amount of Treasurer’s Bond from $300,000.00 to $550,000.00, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
- Motion to send Tax Abatement Proposal to the Planning Board for their review, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
- Motion to set Public Hearing Date for Tax Abatement Proposal for February 14, 2013, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
- Motion to have regular meeting of the Board to immediately follow the Reorganization meeting. made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Vice-Chair Hoeper, motion carried.
- Motion to sign Annual Agreement with Kirk Summa & Co, to Audit Township Financials, made by Chairman Fluhr, second by Supervisor Raser, motion carried.
REPORTS TO THE BOARD
- Sewage/Zoning – 2 Zoning Permits; 2 Sewage Permits and 1 Encroachment.
- Police – Report Attached
- Road Department- Dealt with a little ice and snow last month. Road Master advised the residents that when the snow starts to fall there is going to be a problem with having resident’s garbage cans in the right-of-way. Solicitor suggested that information be put on the website with regards to removing garbage cans and clean around the mail box to receive mail delivery during snow storms.
- Park Committee – Thanked everyone for joining in on the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Thanked the Historical Society and the Fire Department for volunteering to make it a fun event. The Park Committee will be working on their 2013 Calendar at the January meeting, so if anyone would like to join in on that we will have the date posted on the website. Diana Blume, Township Secretary also advised that the Township was awarded the DCNR Grant that was applied for in April of this year. The amount of the grant is $94,000.00 to add more play equipment to Rohman Park.
- Fire Department – 18 Fire Calls for the month of November, 2012.
- ·Kyle Wright of Pike County ALS – advised the public that they have changed their phone number to a toll-free system the new number is 1-855 PIKE ALS. Announced that they were selling a Calendar Lottery for a fundraiser.
- ·April Morgan - asked the Board if we have an Ordinance which would force her landlord to clean up the Black Mold in her apartment. She advised that her daughter has asthma and is suffering from the mold problem. Solicitor Ohliger advised her that we do not have an Ordinance that regulates property maintenance that she may want to seek an Attorney since it is a landlord/tenant matter.
- ·Bill Savarese: asked the Board what he can do in order to have the Nuisance Ordinance enforced? He advised the Board that there are a number of properties which violate the Ordinance.
- Supervisors Raser mentioned that we have been pricing out different phones services and we have come across a better phone services for less money. Motion to switch our phone service from Lines Systems to Verizon and to purchase phones compatible with the new system, made by Supervisor Raser, second by Chairman Fluhr, motion carried.
Motion to adjourn at 7:52pm, made by Supervisor Raser, second by Chairman Fluhr, motion carried.